Online Worry Warriors Group – Research Opportunity
The Worry Warriors Cognitive Behavioral Therapy group has brought evidence-based care to children in Texas since Brave Young Minds was founded in 2022. This study is led by our Director and Licensed Psychologist, Dr. Erika Vivyan, alongside Principal Investigator Dr. Mike Mackert, his doctoral student advisee Sophia Dove as well as our high school research intern Tanishi Patel.
– Interactive Online CBT Sessions: Sessions will include engaging psychoeducational and therapeutic activities facilitated by Dr. Vivyan.
– Parental involvement: Parents play a vital role in the study by providing data about their child’s symptoms and receiving guidance on supporting children in practicing learned CBT strategies at home.
– Collaborative Learning Environment: Connect with other participating children and their families, creating a supportive community for worriers who are most definitely not alone in their fight.
Benefits of Participation:
– Contribute to Research: Your child’s participation directly contributes to advancing our knowledge of childhood anxiety and effective intervention strategies.
– Skill Building: Equip your child with knowledge and healthy, effective coping strategies to navigate anxiety.
– Age Group: 8–11-year-olds
– Frequency: Weekly sessions
– Day & Time: Tuesdays from 6:00 – 6:45 pm Central time
– Duration: 15 weeks (February 13, 2024 through May 28, 2024; no group March 12, 2024)
– Platform: SimplePractice (HIPAA compliant platform with integrated telehealth links
We are excited about the potential impact of this study, and your family’s involvement is crucial to its success. Should you have any questions or require further information, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Thank you for considering this unique opportunity to be a part of groundbreaking research in collaboration with the University of Texas at Austin.